Led by David Keith, the Keith Group supports a broad range of interdisciplinary research on solar geoengineering that coincides with the three broad tracks of SGRP’s work. For example:
Science and technology
- Understanding accumulation mode particle injection using 2D and 3D atmospheric models
- Developing predictive models of the plume evolution from aircraft or balloons in the stratosphere.
Assessing Efficacy and Risks
- Assessing the particulate health risks to humans from stratospheric aerosol injection
- Understanding the inequality of climate response to solar geoengineering for the most important climate hazards
Governance options and social implications
- Elicitation of expert judgments about solar geoengineering in China
- Applying index-based insurance as a means to manage risk compensation
Learn more about The Keith Group.